June 30, 2015

Tuesdays With Tag - Public Service Announcement #6...

Hi, Everybody!
I figured it was time for another Public Service Announcement.
This one is #6 and it has to do with livin' with puppies.
There are some definite do's and don'ts to remember.

Let's get on with it, shall we?
In case there's any question in your minds, whatsoever, she is my 
inspiration for today's post. The one and only, Miss Bella Butt.
There are really many more things to tell you about than what I can fit in this one post today, but I'm gonna hit the highlights for ya.

1) It's important to be ever alert. 
Let down your guard for even a minute and chaos can erupt.
2) Only look at 'em (puppies) when they're busy with somethin' else...
or when you want to start a full-scale, crazy, frappy play session.
That way, you don't encourage them too much and you can rest.
3) Try hard as you can, and they'll still slither over to you and try to get you to play.
Only indulge their advances if you're in the mood. 
They can't be allowed to think they're in charge.
4) Keep your toys close. 
How else can you protect them?
5) Continue to be attentive to all snack moochin' opportunities. 
Always. 
Puppies don't always get 'em, so they don't know what they're missin'.
6) When faced with a decision between your toy and a tasty morsel...
Do I really have to finish this? 
Of course, you let the puppy have the toy!!
7) Gees-o-Pete! I don't even know where to start with this!
Do you think I'M allowed on the leather furniture? Um. NO!
But, hey. Do you think this is the "hill I wanna die on"?

When she's here, I'm free to spend time with Mom, chew on my favorite toy
or go for a walk outside. The sky's the limit. She's in the chair and I'm FREE!
8) Finally...and this one is really important...
Puppies need love and affection.
Every puppy deserves to be given extra attention and time just for them.
I got it from Mom when I was a little guy (well, I still do, too!)
and Bella Butt deserves the same. (From Dad, of course.)

Last time she went for a checkup (last week), she weighed in at a whoppin' twenty four pounds. I can tell you now that this "gettin' up on Dad's lap" stuff isn't goin' to last forever. She'd better get it while she can. 

As for me...Mom keeps me in kibble, cuddles and comfort, so we'll make sure that Bella gets her own brand of the same. It's the right thing to do, after all. I knew you'd want to hear it right from my lips. You're welcome.

I'll see you again in seven! 'til then...
"Keep Your Nose To The Wind 
and The Sunshine On Your Tail."

4 comments:

  1. Living with two pooches CAN be a challenge. Terry keeps his phone on the ready to catch those "moments". But sorry, I can tell you that even at 110 pounds, Boscoe STILL lays on Terry's lap, errr, entire body in the recliner.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some good points there, Tag! Keep up the good work. And, keep that puppy in her place. ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag you are the very best and cutest little big brother to Bella Butt. She is very lucky to have you watching out for her. After all it is only natural that Mom favors you, the boy, and Dad favors "her", the girl. Great PSA with coordinating photos! Fun Days Playing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post Tag!! Sounds like you have the situation with the new one under control!! Tips for me to share with my Chip and Daphne, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna