September 23, 2014

Pineapples For The Birthday Girl...

You've seen these before. Now, I've created a Birthday gift with them!
I had six finished pineapple blocks and decided that four should become a table
runner for someone special. I completed the runner last night and will mail it today.
I decided against sashing, and chose blue border fabric to bring out the yellow.
The blocks are Pineapple blocks, so I'm glad I chose the yellow to reinforce
the design of the block. (Did I tell you that pineapple fruit has been a favorite
since I was a child? Yup. I know I'll do this block again for something for me!)
 This is the runner before quilting and binding, and...
Here's the finished table runner!
 Beautiful blue Bali™ batiks and little Florida sunshine accents.
(The back is the same yellow fabric with one blue fabric strip.)
A gift of love from me to the Birthday girl.
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty, Donna! What a gorgeous table runner this will be...and such a lovely gift! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple blocks in blue are so bluetiful. These will make a wonderful table runner birthday gift. Creative Pineapple Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    Those are beautiful. A perfect gift.

    And thank you for the anniversary wishes in the side bar.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall need to double down on my comments here as now I see and love the finished table runner. Your work is pure perfection my friend. Creative Birthday Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. The yellow binding is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna