December 30, 2014

New Year's Eve - Counting Our Blessings...

web image
Can you believe how quickly 2014 has passed?
It's already the eve of the new year, and 2015 is only hours away!

We're on the final leg of our trip back to Florida, and as we finish up our drive today,
I want to stop to reflect on the blessings that have been bestowed on us in 2014.
web image
Handsome and I have our health and each other. 
Both of our sons are happy and healthy, as are their wives and our grandchildren.
We are able to travel - or stay home - as we choose.
We are surrounded by friends and family, near and far who bring us great joy.
Music fills our days and we can both follow our own creative muses.
Our lives are full and we realize just how blessed we both are.

For me, I would also like to add YOU to my list. After nearly six years of sharing my life with you, you still choose to return to see what Handsome, Tag and I are up to. For that I am immensely grateful. We'll will be taking it easy at home this evening, and we'll have each of you in our prayers.

So, here were are again, my dears. It's New Year's Eve 2015.
Please take time to count your own blessings, great and small.
If you're going out tonight, please be safe, and I'll see you in the new year. (wink)
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to everyone! I so enjoy your blog.
    LindaCrochets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Dear I just wrote my final 2014 post and now I am reading yours which is so well said. Blessings to you and Handsome and Tag as you celebrate a quiet evening together safely at home. Love and Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts Donna, rounding out a wonderful year of many lovely, inspiring posts. I always enjoy coming here to read your stories of family, friends, creativity and love, always love. Love life. That has always been a feeling I have come away from your blog with.
    I with you and yours every happiness for 2015 - may it be a wonderful year for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    I am so glad I found you several years ago. Reading your blog is a highlight to my day. You are such a blessing to me. I love hearing about your day each day or on Tuesdays getting Tag's perspective. Here's to a wonderful 2015. May neither one of us end up in the hospital this year, what do you say?
    Love,
    TerriSue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna