December 14, 2014

The Key To A Perfect Weekend...

I chose "Lilac Hill" fabrics (Brannock and Patek for Moda) for my latest wallet.
I made this one yesterday as a gift for a friend who loves the color purple. 
 
You know how I love lilacs. They remind me of Wisconsin and my childhood. 
I've been saving this line for a quilt, but decided it was just right for this gift.
(And I have plenty left over to make more just like it if I want to. Bonus!)
I used a coordinating Lilac Hill purple for the interior. Then, I used the lilac print 
to line the zipper pocket and inside the outer pockets (behind the credit card slots).
One of the things I enjoyed was the challenge of learning how to align the fabrics prior
 to cutting so that the flap print matches up with the print on the outside of the wallet.
 I made special templates to help me line up the prints, and it seems to be working.

I'm ready to make more, but first I have jammies and a table runner
on my list. So, there are no more wallets until those projects are finished!
Last night was the Christmas concert for the Jazz Ambassadors.
I don't sit in front, but I'm pretty close. As long as I can see my
husband while he plays, I'm a happy girl. The concert was fun.
 
A day of sewing and an evening watching Handsome make music.
All in all, a perfect end to a perfect weekend.
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. It does, indeed, sound like a perfect weekend for you. Love the Lilac Hill fabrics...used some of it when I made a wallhanging and napkins and little zipper pouches for my sister. Have fun with your other Christmas sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wallets are stunning and I very much like how you are matching the flap to the body with the fabric prints. Yes it is the little details that truly make the difference. How wonderful to enjoy Handsome making music with his friends and entertaining everyone. Sewing gifts is a great way to spend your week before Christmas. Sharing Joy and Jingles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This new wallet is perfect, Donna!! You do such a wonderful job on these!! And cute, cute, cute picture of Mr. Handsome!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, reminds me of the multi colored lilacs from my gram's yard. Gram Rose who taught me to knit, crochet and sew. Although sewing was mainly for mending. And handsome is glowing like Santa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW that purse is great The fabric looks vintage.Sewing is not for me I'm making aprons for gift for Christmas I need to stick to painting. I too like lilac.Here in ND there are a lot My mothers yard was full . Happy Holidays Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful (as always!) Donna, I have come to learn that on the NCW Addicts FB page there are instructions for the mini version. I have only just applied to the group, so I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice goodies you have been making for your friends and family. The first thing I noticed with this wallet was the excellent pattern matching. You are a very clever clogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna