December 21, 2014

The Workshop Is Officially Closed...

I completed the table runner for our Christmas Eve hostess.
With that, the Workshop (studio) is closed for the holiday season.

You'll remember that the pattern I used is Mary's Cottage Quilts' 
"Glad Tidings Table Runner". I decided not to add the final 3" border, but
 it finished a very nice size at 47" x 21".  I love the subtle music theme, too.
I machine quilted this one on my Babylock Crescendo using Floriani rayon 
thread. I hadn't used rayon for quilting before (only cotton for piecing), and I
was quite pleased with the sheen the thread added to the overall quilting effect.
All the gifts were wrapped and labeled over the weekend, and it's nearly time
 for them to be on their way. Christmas Eve will be here before we know it.
I'm taking the rest of the week off (from the studio), as we prepare for our
holiday festivities. Tag will be here tomorrow to tell you about his weekend,
and then he's volunteered to come back during the week to share some of
his unique holiday spirit with you. 'Tis the season to be jolly, after all!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna, I'm guessing the additional sheen, from the rayon thread, adds an extra dimension to the already beautiful quilt.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and this will become an heirloom for the hostess. Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy for all of 2015...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna