December 7, 2014

You've Waited All Weekend...

I can finally show you what I've been working on. These are my first set of
wallets. I'm having so much fun with these that I have to remind myself I actually
have other Christmas gifts I need to make, too! They're like chocolates! Delicious!
This one is fully completed, while the others are waiting for me to assemble the
inside components...and the Mary Engelbreit one is waiting for its hardware to
 arrive. I'm using a turn lock on that one instead of magnetic closures like these.
The interior features two sets of credit card holders, two pockets, three
compartments and a zippered pocket. I have a few on my gift list, but
I know that I'll be offering these in my Etsy shop after the holidays.

I can already see that I'm going to be cutting into some of the fabrics
I had previously considered "permanent stash", which is a great thing!

If you sew and would like to try your hand at making your own, the
pattern is the brainchild of Janelle MacKay, the creative mind behind
(The name above is a link.) 
This particular piece is called the "Necessary Clutch Wallet". 
(also a link.)

Don't fret. If you don't sew, I'm going to making a LOT of them to list
and sell. I'm sure I'll choose a fabric choice that you're going to want.
(wink)
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. I've made two of these wallets-they're fun aren't they?! But I think yours look better. LOLOLOL XOXOX Happy Hols!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, those are fabulous! A suggestion...add the material that makes them RFD snatch proof. That's not much to go on but do you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Aren't these addictive! Don't you just love Janelle! I'm actually cutting this pattern in half to make a small one for Hayley for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just knew your cut pieces would turn into something fabulous! I love your wallets and fussy cut flaps. These will be great items for gift giving all year my dear. Whistle While You Work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. Just like E v e R y t h I n g you make. Miss Donna, you can make anything you set your mind to. So talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these Donna! They are just beautiful. You are so absolutely clever!
    TerriSue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! I love the wallets! They are wonderful! I just HAVE to have that Florida one since we're planning on moving there in 2016! Way too cold here in WI!
    -Deb S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna