December 16, 2014

Piecing, Binding and Keeping Things Tidy...

I finished a table runner top Sunday night and will quilt it today.

I know it looks "wonky", but trust me, that's just the perspective from the way
I hung it up to photograph it. It really is squared up and even all the way around.

This will be a gift for our Christmas Eve hostess. The fabric has poinsettias and 
music motifs, and I'll bind it in green. I love the traditional Christmas colors.

If you have a last minute gift to make, I can recommend this as an option.
It's called "Glad Tidings Table Runner" designed by Mary's Cottage Quilts.
Note to self: Clean up after each project. Make something new. Repeat.
I'm managing to keep the studio relatively tidy while I'm creating.
A basket of Necessary Clutch Wallets and my "wall of inspiration".
It's nice to be able to go to the shelves for my fabric choices, rather
than leave home and run to my LQS. Don't worry though. I still go
out to visit the girls. I have to see what they're making, after all!
Mom's pattern cabinet, front and center.
Grammies Jammies fabrics are laundered and I'll be making those later
today or tomorrow. I have time to get them finished, but I'll tell you about
that another time. It's going to be an especially magical Chrismas this year!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I do so love the hustle and bustle of getting things done. It was easier for me this year - and certainly less stressful - as I divided up my Christmas gifts into two sections...half of them being delivered when I went up north in October and the rest due next week. I can breathe! Have fun with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative space is absolutely glorious. I think you have the LQS of Brynwood Needleworks. Lovely table topper and such a beautiful handmade gift. Calmly stitching along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG is this your craft Room?
    I wold love your light. I paint in a basement the light is like a hole.Rooms with light in my house One has no heat and the other is my husband man cave Someday I will put heat in the one ,What a job to move my stash . Maybe I better stay the way it is, will have to think about it Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna