February 6, 2024

Tuesdays With Tag - It's About Time!...

Hi, Everybody!

Well, I don't know about you, but I was sure missin' our weekly visits. Chattin' it up with all of you beat the heck out of listenin' to coughin', wheezin', and lots of complainin'! I'm glad Mom and Dad are feelin' better because all the girls and I were bored out of our skulls. 

I mean, there was hardly any food bein' made so we could mooch...I mean, share. We spent most of our time in our crates (whoopie), and our daily jaunts around the yard were non-existent. It's nice to finally be gettin' back to normal around here. Just yesterday, I managed to ghost out to the north yard to get some serious scent trackin' in. I was so intent on my task that I didn't even hear Dad barkin' for me. I finally came up for air and heard him, so I sauntered back to the driveway so we could all go back in the house.

Mom baked yesterday, so that meant I got to supervise most of the day in the kitchen, and then she even made a real dinner for her and Dad, which means leftovers for a few canines! We always know when mashed potatoes and peas are on the menu, and we are pretty relentless about gettin' our fair shares after dinner is done. Truthfully, Mom and Dad always save a little so that we can have some when they're doin' kitchen cleanup.

Well, I know this isn't all interestin' news for you this week, but believe me, Bella, Carly and I are so thrilled to be sprung out of our daily confinement that we're fairly barkin' for joy. And now that Mom's feelin' much better, I might even get to go somewhere or do somethin' really fun in the next week. Valentine's Day is comin' up, so maybe we'll be doin' somethin' fun to get ready for Heart Day?

I'm glad you all hung around while we were all "offline" these past couple weeks. Truthfully, I was a bit worried that I'd come back and find that nobody was even missin' me. I could understand that you wouldn't care if the cats, or maybe even Boo and The Kid didn't pop in, but I was gettin' real anxious that you wouldn't miss me either. I'm gonna check all your messages this week to see just who was really sad that I wasn't postin'. (Shameless plea incomin') I hope you'll make my day and leave a note.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Always make time for dog snuggles."

22 comments:

  1. Oh Tag, you know we all missed you, the kitties, & the pups.
    Good to see you again!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Thanks for makin' me feel missed. I'm glad to be back!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Tag, you should know we missed you!! So glad that all the TLC you and girls provided for Mom and Dad have made them feel better and I'm sure they're making certain you get a little extra in the way of treats to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Thanks for sayin' so. We all did our best to make sure they got better as soon as possible. It's no fun when one of them is sick, let alone both of them at the same time. Mom's making up for it with treats!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. So glad to see your handsome face again! While we were all growing concerned with the prolonged absence, there was still a sense of peace knowing you were there to oversee the household while Mom and Dad were down and out. You must have had your paws full! It is so good to be able to admire your noble handsomeness once again 😉😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois:
      Aww. Thanks for your vote of confidence. They were so sick, and we worried about them, too. They're not spring chickens anymore, you know. I'm stickin' extra close to Mom now to make sure she stays healthy - and that I get lots of cuddles! Thanks for appreciatin' my "noble handsomeness". You made my day!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Tag, I really missed reading about your perspectives and adventures. It's a bright spot in my week. It's wonderful your family is on the mend and soon will be ready for new adventures. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Kathy:
      I really missed holdin' forth, too! Thanks for makin' me feel missed. I'm sure glad to be back and can't wait to get some more "outside" time with the gang.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Tag you silly boy. I miss you every day but thank goodness Mom has sent me your picture and a sticker of you so you are never far away from my eyes/heart! You look so elegant in your photo today. So glad you took good care of Mom and Dad and the girls. I love you my Little Corgi Cutie. Smooches…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      I KNEW you'd be missin' me. You kept my sticker? That's so sweet. I'm glad you liked my recent picture. Mom took it while the weather was warmer and the sun was out. It was a perfect day for a picture on the porch. (Say THAT five times fast!) Thanks so much!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  6. Oh, Tag! I surely did miss you!! (I also missed all the other creatures with two legs and four that share your wonderful home!) I’m so happy to hear that everyone is doing well and things are returning to normal. I had some leftover mashed potatoes last night. Wish I could have given you a nibble. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thanks so much. We all sure missed checkin' in every day (or weekly, in my case). We're glad things are gettin' back to normal, too. It's was so borin'! What a coincidence that we both had mashed potatoes the same night! They're my favorite. We shared a meal long-distance!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  7. Sweet tag! Thank you so much for holding the fort down. Especially making sure Mom didn’t overdo it in the kitchen. All of us in Phoenix are glad for the good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Charlene:
      I did my best! Mom actually overdid it a little bit. Her sore knee is buggin' her more than usual. She's okay. Ice works wonders. We think about you every day, too. Hope you had a good Birthday!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  8. Oh Tag, you were surely missed!!! I love your weekly updates! So glad your mom and dad are feeling better and can't wait to hear what you get up to this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Wanda!
      Thanks for missin' me. I like leavin' messages every week, and believe me, I missed checkin' in. Now that Mom and Dad are gettin' back to normal, I'll have more interestin' things to chat about.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  9. Now Tag…. You know all of us missed you! We were concerned for Mom and Dad’s health, but knew that you were taking care of them and all the Hickory Hill creatures great and small. Tell Mom and Dad to take care and don’t you wander too far when you’re out sniffin’ around the farm. Love ya… ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thanks for sayin' I was missed. Thanks, too, for worryin' about Mom and Dad. It was pretty scary for a while with them just lyin' around for days on end. Thank Heaven Dad took us outside and fed us. I might have wasted away to nothin'! I'd wander a lot farther if Dad didn't keep a tight lead on me. I only stick closer when Mom's with me (most of the time).
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  10. Oh Tag, you know I really missed the WMHC, but I knew that you had a huge responsibility watching over your family. Great job by the way.
    And hey, how about those mashed potatoes and peas?
    I'm so glad that mom and dad are doing so much better.
    Sounds like you might just have an adventure to tell us about next week.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      I sure missed you, too! I was glad to make life a little easier for Mom and Dad, but I'm really glad they're feelin' better. Thanks! Those mashers and peas are always a hit. Mom said we know we're gettin' leftovers as soon as they put them on their plate to eat. (Truthfully, we know as soon as we smell 'em cookin'!) I sure hope I have an adventure for next week. I'm due-fer. Happy Weekend (almost).
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  11. Wonderful post! Thank you for the smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Eileen:
      Thanks! I appreciate your note - a lot.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna