February 16, 2024

Another Completed Heart...

Two down, one to go. I think this one will be red and gold check purls. I stitched away the day yesterday and completed Heart #2, and immediately did the outline for #3 before stopping for the day. 

It snowed about 5" yesterday and then the sun came out. The light was perfect for sitting at my frame next to the dining room windows. I had all the sunshine I needed to see my work as Handsome manned the tractor and cleared our driveway. I think it's safe to say we're both mostly recovered from our bout with whatever respiratory thing we had. I'm glad it's behind us.

I'll work on #3 today, and then I work for a few hours at the station tonight. I do enjoy helping out on Friday nights during their dinner hour. I answer the phone and take orders for our Friday fish fry. (If you're not a Midwesterner, perhaps you've only heard of supper clubs and Friday fish. They're both a big deal here.) We get pretty busy, so they needed someone to cover the phones. You have to know that I'd enjoy that task. 

I'll snap a picture of my progress on this last heart to show you what it looks like like, and I'll turn them into brooches over the weekend. These are really fun and I know I'll make more of them in the future, too.

Oh, wouldn't they be pretty in blue as a gift for a bride to pin into the skirt of her wedding gown as her "something blue"? We have a wedding coming up in April, and I may just make one more right away in blue to gift to her at her shower in a couple weeks!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Donna. We used to visit my aunt and uncle up in Utica, NY and always went to the Friday fish fry at their German club - such fun! I think a blue heart for a bride would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I always thought it was just a Midwest thing. We could eat lots of fish in Florida, but never an official Friday fish fry. Fun! Thanks for the feedback on the blue heart. I think I'm going to do that.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. The Hearts are beautiful.
    We had 2" of slush with an inch of frosting (snow) on top, it was very hard to clean up, but most melted later.
    A blue heart sounds perfect for the bride.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was a heavy snow here, too. Ugh. We're supposed to get into the 50s this week. No wonder people are getting sick. Except for about a week, we've never had a proper winter this year.
      Thanks! I'm going to make the blue heart!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a blue heart for the bride and I know she will wear it with pride. The red ones sure are pretty so the blue can't help but be.
    We got about 5" of snow yesterday too. Just glad we don't live in the Maritimes and having to deal with the massive dumping they've gotten over the past week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm already working out the design in my head! You got snow, too? We're supposed to be in the 50s this week and next at least for a few days. This will surely be gone after that. Have a great week, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Your red hearts are so beautiful. My daughter is getting married in April and her Country Boho wedding is all about blue…butterflies and hearts. If you have time I would love to buy a blue heart pin for her to wear. Blessings dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'd love to create a blue heart for your daughter! I'll message back and forth with you to make a perfect one for her. TTYS
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Pretty hearts
    There's a fish fry in this area. I saw a sign somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine:
      That's wonderful! Fish fry is soooo good!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. The blue heart is a wonderful idea.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much! I'll share photos soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna