February 21, 2024

Felted Snowmen (and Ladies)...


Now that I have photographs of all the completed snowmen (or ladies), I can share them with you.  These were the samples Linda P. created and used as inspiration for our own projects. She was the leader for this month's craft - Needle Felting. Aren't they adorable? She was a great teacher, by the way!

Kim was the first one to complete her snowman. We all loved the face she created, and her braided scarf inspired more than one of us! Aqua is her favorite color. Can you tell?

 
Adrienne's snowman was so cute. We all loved the stocking hat she made, and here's another happy snowman. We all loved looking at the various face treatments. We all really ran with this project!
 

Like her daughter, Adrienne, Marie chose to make a stocking cap for hers. You can't see it in this picture, but the cap was as long as her snowman is tall. I love that she added a "charcoal" mouth to hers.

Linda K decided to finish dressing her snow lady at home. She was the first to leave on Saturday, so she could get back home to her sweet, old dog, Meg, who's been having a rough time. Sadly, Meg passed away peacefully yesterday, so Linda decided to name her snow lady after her much-loved pet. 

Rather than felt the hat and accessories, Linda chose to crochet the hat, scarf and bag (which holds a star). Perfect to remember her girl, don't you think?

I know you've already seen mine, but I've added my photo again so that I have all our projects from this month on the same blog post. 

I can safely speak for all of us to say that this really was an awesome group project. It was a new technique for everyone except our leader, Linda P. I can also say that every single snowman has a bit of our own DNA in them, as we learned the techniques and hazards of using felting needles. (They can be brutal if you lose your concentration!)

I worked on my "Something Blue" Heart Brooch today. I'll be sharing a completed prototype after Bella's Birthday post, so you'll see the brooch on Friday. Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. All of snow people are so very cute.
    Looks like a fun project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww - so cute!!! I can't imagine chatting and felting at the same time because I know I would be bloodletting all over the place. Good job, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks! You're right. We mostly kept our heads down while we chatted. Every time someone deviated, we heard an expletive and requests for bandaids. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Such a wonderful collection of felted Snow People. Each unique and very dashing…through the snow. I am so looking forward to your “Something New” beaded heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks, hon. We enjoyed seeing the creative direction each of us took that day, too. "...through the snow." lol I'm glad we could connect this evening so I could share a peek of "Something Blue". I love how it turned out, and can't wait to create one for you.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. You can see each creators personality come out in the snow person.
    Snow Lady Meg, oh that Diva. Is that a red star earring?
    And Linda K, I'm so very sorry for your loss, I know all too well how difficult this is.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I agree. Each one is unique to the person who made it, and they're all perfectly wonderful. I think you're right! Red star earrings for Meg. I'll pass your condolences on to my dear friend. I know she's hurting right now. I'm so sad for her.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna