October 13, 2023

It Was An Inside Kind Of Day...

Happy Friday, friends! I told you yesterday that we planned to clean out the last garden bed today. Once we were up, Handsome and I chatted about it and decided to take it easy on weary bones instead. As if to christen our decision, shortly afterward it began to rain.

Handsome exerted more the day before, and was much sorer than I, and I had a bowl of week old tomatoes waiting for me. I decided to process them into tomato soup. I put the ingredients called for in the recipe through my food processor and then everything went into my Kilner pot. It was a lovely mixture of tomatoes, onion, celery, and garlic. Six pounds of tomatoes yielded a paltry pint and a half of soup, and once I lightly milled the ingredients through my mother-in-law's chinois, I couldn't bring myself to toss all that goodness. Instead, I added spring water, reheated it and canned all of it to use as an additive for soup, roasts, or even meatloaf. I had three and a half pints to put into the pantry after all the jars were pressure canned.

Once that task was complete, it was late afternoon, so that's where I punched out for the rest of the day. I spent a little time on the porch with the cats, spent some time with the dogs, and shortly after made dinner for Handsome and me.

So, that means today will be the day I work on my Etsy shop. I'm also going to set up a few froggies in my hoop. One for my Gratitude Giveaway, and more for my shop. I'm going to finish them as scissor fobs once the needlework is done. I think that will take care of the rest of this day, don't you?

Last of all...Don't forget you can enter the Gratitude Giveaway once a day just for being a blog follower, but you get to enter again if you follow me on Facebook, and once more if you follow Brynwood Needleworks on Instagram. Good Luck!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were still busy!
    Yes, it rained, we much needed it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain was meant to be if it gave you permission to put off doing the last garden bed. And good for you for getting every last bit of goodness out of those tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: How you get so much done in a day is inspiring. Excellent use of your tomatoes. Yesterday was a day of major grocery shopping and errand running from one side of town to the opposite side. I was a lump when I got home. Today I plan on staying home and working on some watercolor homework for a class I am taking. Warm and dry for you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another great day. When I work outside I have to alternate my days, one heavy
    day outside and then a bit lighter inside, but still busy.
    Well those tomatoes gave everything that had and then some.
    This has been such a joy and fun following along on your gardening adventure.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna