October 11, 2023

Another Finished Project...

 
I completed stitching this piece yesterday, so now I can show it to you. I really loved working on this one, choosing colors with special meaning to the recipient. 
 

 
Most of the piece is stitched in bullion knots, as well as cast-on stitch, stem and feather stitches. Those bullion knots were the ones that gave my hands the most grief, but as I said on Monday, my trusty needlework pliers saved the day once again. In the end, I think it was worth every stitch, and I'm going to do it again.
                                                  
 
The embroidery fits perfectly into a 6" hoop frame, and I completely finished the back of the piece prior to enclosing it in the frame. I would usually have my Brynwood label on the back of the frame, but this piece is a wedding gift for a dear friend, so I signed my name to it.

I've decided I'm going to add the option to purchase alphabet embroideries in my Etsy shop, too. I'm working up a fair price right now, and then I'll add these photos to get started. Soon I'll do a few more pieces (I have more frames on order), and then add them to my shop as well.

I did make a video of this piece to share on Instagram, so just click HERE if you'd like to see both sides of it.
 
 
Today, Handsome and I are going to put our garden to bed for the winter. Once all the beds are cleaned out, I'm going to add amendments to the soil, and then plant garlic into one raised bed. I'll cover it with soil and hay to protect it. It will overwinter, and begin growing right away once the weather warms in the spring. I'm planting a hard neck variety so I'll be able to harvest garlic scapes for pesto, and then the bulbs will be ready to harvest mid-summer. My plan is to not need to purchase garlic in the store anymore. (Fingers crossed.)                             
 
Once that's all finished, I'll be tidying up the studio and then deciding what my next project will be. Of course, I have another little frog to create for the winner of the Gratitude Giveaway November 1st. If you haven't entered yet, please click the link in my sidebar for the details. Remember, you can enter every day (up to three times if you qualify), but all comments have to be left on that post to count. 

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!
    Your embroidery is so very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty from your talented fingers! I'm sure the recipients will be honoured to have this hanging in their home.
    ...and....speaking of your Etsy shop, do you think you could do a little post sometime about your experiences with it (good and bad)? I'd like to try selling my landscapes but I'm dragging my heels in trepidation about how difficult it is to navigate or even if it's worthwhile to attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks! That's an excellent idea for a post. I'm happy to share "the good, the bad, and the ugly". I'll plan an in-depth post for next week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Thanks Donna! I seriously wonder if it would be worth all the angst of setting it up so hearing from someone who has and is dealing with it will be really good information.

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: This stitched letter B is gorgeous and quite the special wedding present. I feel certain your offered alphabet letters will be very popular. The frame completes the gift elegantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much! I'm just laboring over pricing. I'll put up a listing soon and see how it goes.
      I'm going to spend most of this afternoon revamping my Etsy shop for an updated look. This might take a few days, so I'm hoping the garden work goes quickly today. I do love how this piece turned out, so I hope the new bride and groom love it, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful one of a kind wedding gift.
    The color combination is wonderful.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you! I took colors from their wedding invitation to use in the piece. They had wonderful fall colors for their celebration.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna