June 22, 2023

Beautiful Resource Books...

 
When Clara (@clarastitching) first recommended Hazel Everett's book, Goldwork, I immediately purchased it. Last weekend, she also recommended Hazel's second book, "Goldwork and Silk Shading", which was published posthumously. Of course, I purchased that one before our class was over, and it arrived yesterday.

The second book contains much of the information from the first one, but has completely different designs. It also incorporated more thread work, and then combinations of silk shading (with threads) and goldwork. There's so much beautiful inspiration!

Clara has stitched the piece on the cover of Goldwork, and I intend to do that one also. I have a few other pieces to complete first, and I suspect this one will be more of a long-term effort. No rush, you understand.
 
If you'd like to learn goldwork, or simply read and learn, I can highly recommend either book for you. I ordered mine through Amazon, but I'm sure they're available from other vendors, too.  I thought you might like to know. 

10 comments:

  1. Those look like fantastic books!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I really think they're wonderful.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I particularly like the design on the Goldwork cover! So beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your lovely bird and nest when completed and how you will have it finished for display/use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I'm smitten with that one, too. My teacher did that design and mounted it on a wooden box. I'm thinking that's the design I'll do, as well. As for my bird and nest, Clara is teaching us to finish it as a hanging piece. I think I'll follow suit for this one. I'll definitely share on my blog when it's done.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Looks like there might be lots of inspiration in those books. I might have to see if our library has either of them, just so I can look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It would be well worth seeking out. It has patterns in the back for each design, and they're all really lovely. I'll be interested to hear what you think if you find it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Books are always such a wonderful reference for learning and being inspired. Books never go out of style…we may just re-focus our attention elsewhere. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think they also help carry a needleworker when one, for one reason or another, isn't able to sit down with needle and thread. I love books!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. The inspiration and talent. Such beautiful covers, can't imagine what's inside.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Perhaps I'll have to share more images from between their covers? Maybe I'll do that for an upcoming post.Thanks for the idea!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna