June 23, 2023

"Baltimorioles"...

 
They sit in line and wait their turn. Shortly before I snapped this photograph, both boys were waiting for a little sparrow to finish his snack. It's a treat for Handsome and me to watch them flit in and away from the feeders all day. Each one's coloring is just a bit different from the others, but there's no mistaking that orange flash when they're flying around in the yard. 

The hollyhocks have begun to open so I'll be sharing images of all their colorful blossoms very soon. The hummingbirds love feeding from them, so I hope to catch a few special photos of them feeding, too.

Wishing you a lovely Friday, as another week quickly comes to an end. Wishing my mum a happy 86th Birthday, too. Lots going on today, so I'd better get going. I'll tell you all about it very soon.

8 comments:

  1. We love watching the Orioles too.
    They really do put on a show.
    Some are such a beautiful, vibrant orange color.
    They sure do love their jelly!
    We enjoy the Hummies too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I think we're so blessed to have such beautiful birds visiting us. Hummingbirds, orioles, bluebirds, cardinals, bluejays, finches, nuthatches, and barn swallows are the more colorful ones, but I equally love the sparrows, chickadees, and robins. It's the woodpeckers beating on our house outside my bedroom window at 6 am every day that I'm not quite as fond of. sigh
      Happy Weekend (again, so soon!), my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful birds. Rarely see them where we live but used to when we lived in the country. There's certainly no mistaking them when you do see them.
    Extending some happy birth day wishes to your mum too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I never saw them in Florida, but they're regulars here in Wisconsin. I'd miss them for sure.
      I'll pass your Birthday greeting on to Mum. Thank you, dear.
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Watching birds and butterflies is one of my favorite pastimes. We have two red dragonflies who love our water feature. Enjoy your weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I love that, too! I was concerned because we're in full flower and I hadn't seen any bees (in spite of the hives at the top of Andy and Shelly's yard. I was so happy walking back from their yard to finally see them feasting on the birdsfoot trefoil blossoms! I can relax now.
      Happy Weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. How polite for those two to wait for the little one to finish. We did not have any Orioles this year.
    And a very happy and blessed birthday to your mum.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I thought it was sweet, too. They were chattering the whole time. lol Thank you for the Birthday wishes. I'll pass that along to her.
      Happy Weekend to you, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna