June 15, 2023

Ready To Assemble...

 
The next time you see this piece, it will be a completed Strawberry Sachet. I began this one while we waited for Bella's ultrasound results, so it will be our reminder of the day we spent in Madison, worried about our girl. I'll be adding ribbon embroidery and a small "Bella" touch before it's all done. Then, I'll share it again so you can see the completed piece.

I have a story to tell you tomorrow about the special hoop I use when I create these strawberries and other small pieces. It belonged to my mother-in-law before it came to me, so it's special in its own right, but there's more that would thoroughly tickle her.

I'll put this together today, so you'll see it tomorrow, too. I'm going to be in the garden first, and then I'll be back in the studio for a bit. Hard to believe we almost have another week behind us. Somehow it just doesn't seem fair. sigh Slowing down time a bit would be nice.

 

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful.
    And what a treasure you have of your MIL's hoop.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using tools that once belonged to your MIL is pretty special. I have a few things that belonged to my maternal grandma and they're pretty precious.
    Speaking of Bella - perhaps Tag could tell us next week how she's doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, such delicate colors.
    And yes, the weeks just seem to fly by. Half of the year is almost gone.
    I think it's because of all the purging I'm doing lol. Talk about progress.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna