June 5, 2023

...And Then I Rested...

Wild Roses Growing In Our Field
 

I consider Saturday a success. I had good sales, with most of the activity (for all the vendors) in the morning. The afternoon was quieter, but it was a gorgeous day, and I suspect many prospective shoppers chose to enjoy the weather rather than shop. I sold some of the items I really hoped to, and came home with less than what I took, so I'm happy. 

I was really tired by the time I'd loaded my wares to come home, so we had a quiet evening and I went to bed early. Sunday was mostly a day of rest. I'll be unloading my Explorer today and then I'll list some of the items I brought back home into my Etsy shop. 

I'm going to take it easy the next few days, so I'll catch up on all your comments soon. Thanks so much for checking in. You know I always appreciate you!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a successful market.
    I bet it was a long day for you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm happy with my sales for a first-timer. It seemed longer because the afternoon was really slow. I also don't like to sit much, so my knee and feet were done when I finally got home. Gettin' old ain't for sissies!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Glad it went well, although I suspect not as well as you'd hoped. I can certainly identify with your feeling tired afterwards - I was wiped after spending a large part of two days at our quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You're good at reading between the lines. It wasn't bad for a first time, but I would have loved to have brought less home. I was bushed when I finally got home. I'm sure you can relate. Hope your weekend was awesome!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Good day for you and sales. I think some people will think of your wonderful creations and buy from your Etsy site at a later time. Rest is good after all the work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dear Sherry:
      I'm going to be updating my Etsy shop in the next month, and adding more to it. Soon, I want to get to only my handmades, so I have a lot of fabric to move for that to happen. So much to do. So little time. sigh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Great choice...Rest. I'm happy you had a successful day. That was a lot of work from start of purge to unloading the Explorer.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Truthfully, the Explorer is still packed. I haven't even gone back into the garage to empty it yet. I have a few things to do inside first, and then I'll handle all that. Some is going right to St. Vinnie's. There's also a lot that will be packed and shipped for donation. I'm going to wait until the weekend before I even think about all that!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna