June 14, 2023

Aspirations...

 
I shared my progress on my class project on Monday. I thought I'd share a photo of Clara's Bird (the nest was still in progress in this image).

You'll notice that my bird head is slightly different from hers. My bird's cheek is a bit smaller, and the crown and neck "feathers" flow in different directions than shown here. It's one of the wonderful things about needlework, in that we can always make adjustments to make it "ours".

I spent the day following up on insurance claims for our dear Bella, along with transcribing my needlework class notes. I'm going to get back to working on two goldwork hearts I set up a few weeks ago, and then I'm going to finally get to the Tudor Rose goldwork project from one of Clara's previous classes (ugh. I've never even started it.) When I was at the Primitive Gatherings "Purge and Splurge" event, I purchased a beautiful oak Sudberry lidded box. Would you believe it only cost me fifteen dollars? It's roughly 8" square and 2" tall. I'll show it to you soon. My intent is to mount the Tudor Rose on the lid once it's completed.

I admit, I have so many goldwork projects in mind now, that I may just stitch all summer. Won't that be wonderful? My projects will sparkle all winter! Just a little something to aspire to, and I hope you'll join me on my stitching journey. 
 

4 comments:

  1. These birds are so gorgeous!
    I can't wait to see your Tudor Rose box.
    I have picked up a few nice Sudberry items at Herrschners warehouse sales.
    Is Sudberry still in business?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Sudberry is still in business, but last time I checked the wooden accessories were quite expensive. I managed to pick up my new one at the Primitive Gatherings sale for only $15! I'm looking forward to working on the Tudor Rose project, too. I've never been to Herrschners, but would love to get there some time!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I, too, am looking forward to seeing your Tudor Rose project finished into (onto?) the box. Boxes are always wonderful for storing treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gold work is amazing. The more you look at it the more you see.
    Looking forward to your summer long gold work progress.
    Marilyn asked is Sudberry House is still in business. Yes they are, originally they were about
    and hour from me and every August I went to the summer garage sale. Oh the bargains
    and I still have a closet full to prove it. lol
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna