June 21, 2023

Goldwork Progress...


I completed all the goldwork on my class project on Tuesday, so I'm ready for the next and last class session on Saturday. Part of this assignment was to make the legs and feet, so I've finished them, too.

I forwarded this photograph to my teacher, Clara and she said it looks great, so I'm happy. One of the wonderful things about taking these classes is learning the new techniques and becoming comfortable with a new skill. I'm already looking forward to incorporating some of them into designs of my own.

Saturday will be my last session on this project. I have a nest with eggs to yet create, and then we'll be receiving finishing instructions to create the ornament. I can't wait to share the completed project with you next week!
 

10 comments:

  1. It's so pretty.
    Look at those little feets!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      heeheee. They are cute, aren't they?
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your bird is beautiful! I can’t imagine the work to create it. I’m looking forward to seeing the finish! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thank you so much, dear. It's slow and precise work, but it's very rewarding to see the end results, and I'm learning so much! Once I have the last session, I'll be busy working to finish it!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I'm sure the wee birdie looks even better in person because I know the shimmer of the threads won't show up in photos. I too am in awe of those wee tootsies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It really is disappointing that I can't capture the sparkles. Those feet make me giggle.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Such a lovely little bird. I shall be curious to see his feet when you attach them. Your stitching is exquisite dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, always, dear Sherry. I can't wait to put it all together!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Just stunning. The longer I look the more I see. I just love detailed work. He is just beautiful.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks you so much. I wish I could capture how much it sparkles! I'm anxious to complete my work so I can put it all together. Only a few more days!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna