June 26, 2023

June Craft Day...

l-r: Donna, Linda K. Adrienne, Kim's Daughter, Kim, Nancy and Marie

 
We had fun (as usual) on Saturday. I was the project leader this time, and wanted something simple - but new to the group - as I needed to be back home by 1 pm for my final goldwork class with Clara. I chose an old standby project that I've made before, and the ladies really leaned into it.
 
I shared how to "meld" a photocopy image (or in Linda's case, a small American flag - stick removed) to a candle, using glue stick and a heat gun. After the images were melted into the wax, we added trims and embellishments to finish our projects. 

 
Our candles only took about a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to complete - even with sharing the heat guns - and the ladies will likely make more of them as gifts in the future. We had time to spare, so we visited for a while, and after hugs and goodbyes, I drove home.

 
These are the two I made - one as the teaching piece, and the other to go with it - as Birthday gifts for a family member. Simple embellishments, but I know they'll be appreciated. 

I completed my Blue Tit Goldwork Bird project yesterday, too. I'll share that with you on Wednesday, and Tag will see you tomorrow. Here's to another productive week!
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like a fun project!
    Can't wait to see the Blue Tit.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was quick and easy, just requiring a little finesse with the heat gun and wax to make sure you don't get a melted mess. Perhaps I'll share some time? Blue tit photos on Wednesday!
      Thanks, dear. Have a great week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sherry of createology: These embellished candles are lovely. I do remember making these in my past creativeness. You were wise to have a quick project so they could be completed in time. I’ll bet Little Bird is spectacular. Happy week dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks! We had quite an impact for so little time spent. They'll be able to do this on their own and really make some pretty ones now. Sharing my little bird on Wednesday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I'm sure it was a fun project! But, honestly, I get the impression you would all even enjoy a little molding with playdoh 😉... it's just the joy of being together and doing something to express each person's creativity! ❤ It's great you could do something quick, unique, and useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I really think you're right! We love getting together, and Linda and I have been friends for about fifty years. She gave me a big hug before I left and told me that she's so glad we're back in Wisconsin - and she loves these monthly get togethers. We really missed each other with so many miles between us. I actually wish we could do it more often. Thanks for picking up on that, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Such a great project, but the best part is the joy you all share when you gather together.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks! We did have a wonderful time together.
      Hope you have a great week, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun project and they definitely would make great gifts. I'm sure the girls were more than happy with their creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It was fun and simple. I loved that even one of the young ladies wanted to make one, too. She'll definitely build on that in the future. I think the best part of our project days is that we learn these new techniques that we can leave and make again if we want, and even share with others. I love these gatherings with dear friends.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna