June 1, 2020

Woolen Strawberry Pincushion...

Brynwood Needleworks - Woolen Strawberry Pincushion
 
I hope you had a restful and peaceful weekend. The weather was lovely here at the farmhouse, and Handsome, Tag and I enjoyed our time together.
 
I mentioned that I'd completed another pincushion for a client last week. This one is already in the mail, on its way to a new home. It measures approximately 4 1/2" x 8 1/2", and is filled with nearly three cups of crushed walnut shells. (I love a pincushion that doesn't scoot around on my work surface!) 
 
Of course, because I make each one by hand - to order - no two are exactly alike. I may change up the stitches, or the colors may vary slightly. I added buillion bars to the center of the blossom for a little more dimension. I'll probably do that again, as I love the look. 

I have a busy week planned. There are fun and no-so-fun things to do, but will approach every task with a glad heart. Being happy helps make the job easier to accomplish, and really, if you have a choice, why not be happy?

We're waiting for new puppy pictures today, so Tag will have them to share with you tomorrow. It won't be long before we get to go see them for ourselves! I hope you'll come back to see how they look at FIVE weeks old!

Have the happiest of days, my friends.
(Can you even believe it's June 1st?)

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. So pretty.
    Can't wait to see more Puppy pics!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Though not wool, you're making me anxious to get back into my felt appliqueing. Looking forward to seeing puppy updates tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite large and will be such a lovely addition to any sewing space. Your work is exemplary dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ladies:
    I'm looking for someone who can help me update my comments section so that I can "reply" under each comment in the future. Hope to get the change accomplished soon.

    I really appreciate that you each left a note for me today. Big hugs!!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna