June 24, 2020

Homeward Bound...

Brynwood Needleworks - Ready To Go Home

First to come to the truck from Mike's kennels was Miss Bella Dog. Can you tell from the picture just how excited she was to see us, and know that she was leaving in our vehicle? She was practically walking on her tippy toes! She couldn't wait for the door of our truck to open and let her in.

It was difficult leaving yesterday morning. 1) Because we were leaving the rest of her litter behind, and 2) We were also leaving our friends for a long, exciting ride home. 

Brynwood Needleworks - And Then, There Were Six

Once Bella was loaded up (with Tag), it was time to extricate little Miss Carly from the rest of the litter. They were all cuddled up and sleeping after their breakfast. Carly is second from the left in this picture, and looking right at me. Bubba (now Rocket) was under the whole pile - as you can only see a little yellow sticking out from under all that black fur!

Brynwood Needleworks - Mike Sommers and Rene, His Assistant

Uncle Mike brought Carly up from the kennels to our waiting truck, and I got him to pose with his kennel/training assistant, Rene, before we loaded her up.

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag, Bella and Carly
 
When all the critters were loaded, Tag looked at me like I was playing a cruel joke on him. Poor devil was starting to enjoy being an only dog. He's not quite sure what to make of the tiny furball, and he wasn't sure how to share the backseat with her and her mama.

We got on the road, and it didn't take long for us to learn just how "melodic" this puppy could be. It was funny at first, but soon lost its luster (at least for me). Of course, she was letting us know she had to get out, but by the time we'd found a safe place to pull over, it was too late. Her timing (or ours) was off three times between our departure and our evening destination. Stop. Clean up. Air out (just in case), and then drive a bit more.

We'll tackle Leg Two today. We're hoping it goes better than our maiden voyage. Wish us luck, and we'll update tomorrow. I need coffee.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Donna, Your Carley is so cute. I don't envy you, your trip home. When my husband and I would go Florida for the winter we had a Siamese cat who went with us. He would cry and meow all the way from Michigan, plus try to get up front in the car with us. We had a dog gate so that he had free range of the back area, but no he wanted to be with us in the front. I think we did that seven years with him. He was a great cat and died at 19 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella loks content & happy to be back with her family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I retired at the end of last year and pretty much turned off my computer for a few months to make the adjustment from living on it to being retired. As I was starting to get back to some old habits (reading blogs being one of them), Covid hit and threw everything off. A couple of days ago I realized I hadn't checked your blog so I caught up...WOW, you've had quite a busy 6 months! So happy you and your dad reconnected - he's in my prayers. Tag seems to be doing fantastic. Bella's pups are adorable and I love your new addition! Boy have you been the mask making queen! I primarily hand sew - machine sewing is stressful and is one of the things I hoped to improve during retirement. I didn't plan on starting with masks - made 6 and they took me 2 frustrating weeks! I have a new pattern that my proficient sewing friends swear by so I'll be trying again! Wishing you and your family the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious little girl! I have a feeling Carly will adjust perfectly to her new life with Momma by her side! Tag does look a little put out by having to share his seat with Bella and a new intruder! Better luck on the next 24 hours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna