June 18, 2020

Road Trip - Day One...

Brynwood Needleworks - Silly Faces
 
We left Hickory Hill Farm at 7 am yesterday, ready for our road trip to get to our Bella and her puppies. Of course, we're looking forward to seeing Mike and Mrs. Mike, too. 
 
By the time the truck was loaded and we were ready to drive out, I was "glistening", and my silly expression makes me look like I'm sitting in a mound of cream cheese. lol Tag looks like he's curious, but he's really wondering how long it's going to take me to give him the little Milk Bone™ I'm holding to get him to look at the camera. Steve is sporting his new glasses, and he's ready to hit the road. "Just take the picture, already!" Did you notice that my girlfriend and hair stylist, Wendi, squeezed me in to give me my favorite hairstyle? I'm so tickled to be "short and sassy" again! (Especially as we head into hot, steamy Florida weather!)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Good, Little Road Warrior

It didn't take long for Tag to realize that we'd be in the truck for a while, so he just settled right in like a good, little road warrior.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Beautiful Indiana Skies

The skies were beautiful most of the day. We only had a bit of rain when we were about a half hour from our destination. By the time we got to the hotel, the rain had (thankfully) stopped so we could get our luggage and supplies into our room without getting soaked.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Crossing The Ohio River
 
By the end of the day, we'd traveled 645 miles, and we arrived in Lexington, Kentucky. The dog-friendly La Quinta was a welcome sight. Handsome and I both had paralyzed butts, even though we made frequent "leg-stretch" stops.
 
Our goal for today will be to drive to Savannah, GA...approximately another 650 miles. sheeeew! We're trading seats, so I'll drive today (at least until I start to whimper). We're taking a loop toward the east to avoid what we've seen on the news as possible trouble spots...so Nashville and Atlanta are off our list this trip. We're hoping for another beautiful, uneventful day. Good thoughts would be appreciated. 

By the way - Do you want to know what we've decided on as a name for our little girl? Let me know in the comments, and maybe I'll tell you tomorrow. hee hee

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Safe journey my friends. I can’t wait to see the chosen puppy.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe rest of your trip.
    Can't wait to see & hear the name you've pivked out for the new Puppy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family photo Donna! Everyone, even Tag looks so excited! I can't wait to see which pup you picked, and what you will name her. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! the first thing I noticed was you haircut. My appointment is for this Thursday, and nothing better get in the way. Can't wait to meet your new little puppy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna