June 30, 2020

Tuesdays With Tag - She's A Nine Week Old Terrorist...

Brynwood Needleworks - Travelin' Tag

 Hi, Everybody!

This has been my look since we got to Florida. I mean. I've been an only dog for four months - and truthfully, I was kinda diggin' it. Then, we take a road trip and I find out that we aren't just bringin' home Boo. She's draggin' one of her kids along! Wait! Wait! Wait! Nobody ran that past me!

Brynwood Needleworks - Carly In The Wildflowers

So we get back to the farm, and I can't turn around without havin' this terrorist jumpin' in my face! When I try to walk away, she bites me in the butt! I growl at her so she'll get the message that I have a "personal space" and she's in it, but so far, it's not sinkin' in. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was laughin' when she runs the other way. (It's like a puppy drive-by!)

Brynwood Needleworks - Don't Let This Face Fool You

Don't let this cute face fool you. There's a black heart under all that black fur! I think she spends her kennel time thinkin' of the most basic ways to tick me off whenever she's free. How's this old guy supposed to get some rest? She's exhaustin'!

Brynwood Needleworks - That Profile

Sometimes she'll lie down like a good puppy...but it only lasts a few seconds, and then she's back after me or her mama. Our only real escape is to run fast and far.

Brynwood Needleworks - Watchin' Mama Run

Then, Her Mini Highness can only stand and watch. I get a breather when it's her mama runnin', and I only wish it would last long enough for me to take a nap.

Actually, she's not so bad. I think I'll like her a little more when she learns some manners and rules for dealin' with her elders. But, I do love her bravery (she went up - and down - the whole big stairs to the second floor - without coaxin' or help!), and her chutzpah. She's frustratin', but I think she's a girl after my own heart.

I admit it. It's perfectly fine with me if she stays here with us. I'm startin' to warm up to her...even if she is a terrorist right now.

 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Just Do It...but not on the rug."
 

4 comments:

  1. Carly seems to grow with every picture.
    She just wants to play all of the time!
    That's what puppies do. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Tag - how quickly you've forgotten your own terrorist days. Methinks you weren't born the perfect gentleman you are now and needed to 'let the puppies out' of your system back then. This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww poor Tag, I feel your pain! Just remember she'll grow out of it, just like you did! She is a cutie you have to admit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag little Carly is very young and she will be lookin to you as her mentor. Yes, she is a free-range terror right now but I am sure she will start learnin all the best behavior from you. Keep on Teachin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna