June 18, 2020

Beatrix Potter...

Brynwood Needleworks - Beatrix Potter Book Set and Tin
 
I found the neatest set of Beatrix Potter books in a lovely carrying case. You guessed it. Another Marketplace score. Funny. I wasn't looking for this set, but it came across my feed, and at a mere $15, I couldn't resist.

Brynwood Needleworks - Beatrix Potter Book and Tin

The case and books are in excellent condition. I've had the tins for years (in fact, the last time I looked, a Peter Rabbit tin was expensive!! One of these was a gift, and I found the others later to add to my collection.

Brynwood Needleworks - Peter Rabbit Tin and Book

I've been planning to do an embroidery of Peter, and looking at my tins inspire me to think about that again. I know. I know. Why not add something else to my creative To Do list?

Brynwood Needleworks - Beatrix Potter Box and My English Tins

 In addtion to Peter, I have a tin featuring Jemima Puddleduck and Mr. Tod (the fox), Jeremy Fisher (the toad), and Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle. They're not large tins. They had English sweets in them originally, but were empty when I received them...all in perfect condition. I've used them for threads and needlework supplies, but I mostly love just looking at them.

Brynwood Needleworks - Closeup of British Beatrix Potter Tins

Now I have a book set to enjoy, too...and to read to the littles in my life. I'd love to be a part of sharing these wonderful stories with another generation. 
 
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. What a great set, & they are all so cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how we still love Peter Rabbit at my house! I caught Daniel (age 16) reading through one of the books when he was supposed to be packing it up for moving a few weeks ago! His nursery was Peter Rabbit when he was a baby. I love your collection. I just saw a collection of teas in cute tins at Marshall’s/HomeGoods this weekend that were Peter Rabbit. I was tempted then, but I will definitely be going back to buy them now. I absolutely love your boxed set. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a complete set of old vinyl LP’s that go with that set of books. It’s a complete reading of them in a British accented voice delightful for my daughter as a young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this brought back some great memories of when I was little. My sister would take me to the children's section of the old library and we'd get out the little Peter Rabbit books and she'd read them to me. We both loved anything by Beatrix Potter, and though my sister has since passed it remains one of my favorite memories. It brings back to me the smell of all the books, the building which was designed by Carnegie that is now a museum. Thank-you for those memories Donna, and enjoy your Beatrix Potter collections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boys had that same set of books when they were little. Fun to see them again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna