June 10, 2020

A Little Something Different...

Brynwood Needleworks - Green Bay Packer Window Valances
 
Not a commission I usually accept, but a good friend hired me to make window valances for her son's room. She supplied the fabric (which happened to be a stretch fabric), and a valance that he had on his window (for size), and I did the rest.

I started by fusing a woven stabilizer to the back of the fabric, so it wouldn't be stretchy anymore. Then there was cutting, folding, and sewing for four panels. They're all done, so they'll be mailed out to her in the next day. I still have to make a few dog-themed face masks for to wear when they show their dogs. I'll do those this morning and then, I can package everything up.
 
I want to get all my commissions done this week, and I'm going back to see Dad on Thursday, so I'll be a busy bee. Because we'll leave for Florida next week, I want to add an extra visit (outside my usual Monday) with Dad. I can see his body changing with each visit, and don't want to miss time that I might spend with him while I can. We really do have nice chats together. Reminiscing is good for both of us.
 
Well, I'd better get busy. If I want to play, I'd better get my work finished first. I hope you have a really good day. I'll be back tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna