June 4, 2020

Repurposing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire

Facebook Marketplace strikes again. I found this lovely jewelry cabinet, thinking it would hold all my baubles and bangles (and bright, shiny beads). So I drove to take a look. Once I saw it "in person", something else occurred to me. Would it work for my silk threads, and stumpwork supplies? I think so!

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire - Top Section

I paid the lady, loaded it into my Explorer, and brought it home. I gathered my supplies, and gave it a test load. I began with some of my tools in the top section (where the rings and things usually go).

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire - Left Side Door

The side sections with hooks work perfectly for storing my hanging silk threads (Waterlilies and Watercolors from The Caron Collection, plus a few others).

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire  - Right Side Door

I hung vintage silks, and my stumpwork wires on the opposite side. They all fit quite nicely!

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire  - Silk Threads

The next drawer had compartments that were the perfect size for Trebizond silks, along with vintage robin's egg blue silks, Gutermann silks, and a few other odd silk threads.

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire - Silk Threads and Needles

The front of this drawer holds needles for embroidery and applique', and strong cotton threads for covering and securing stumpwork wires. The back spools are gorgeous Kimono silks that I used in applique', but they'll also work for other embroidery.

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire - Needles, Threads & Needle Minders

More silks, needle minders, needles, a beautiful ruler from my dear Kiwi friend, Marrianne, and even a bottle of coiled Pearl Sadi thread for goldwork.

Brynwood Needleworks - Repurposed Jewelry Armoire - Silk Threads
 
Last, but not least, are the rest of my silk threads, purchased in Kentucky when I was attending the Royal School of Needlework courses. My tutor, Owen, helped me choose them.
 
So, next time you see something you really like, consider a completely different purpose for it. This will fit perfectly next to my stitching chair, and all my supplies will be within reach. Now, all I need are more hours in the day to work on all the ideas in my head!

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. What a find, and you've organized it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece that would inspire me to stitch everyday! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect! I like what you used it for much better! I have tons of embroidery supplies scattered hither and you in my craft room. Time to keep my eyes open!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandmother always taught me to “Look at things with different eyes!” Your cabinet is perfect for your special stitching items. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful and works perfectly for yor supplies. It's almost as pretty as Tag, Bella and the pups but not quite.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure envy is a sin so I won't go there. But....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna