April 25, 2020

The Hickory Hill Gang...

Brynwood Needleworks - Deer

There is a group of deer - ranging from 5-8 in number - who cross the north field every morning and evening. I got pictures of them last night as the sun was dropping behind the woods up behind our farmhouse. We've taken to calling them "The Hickory Hill Gang".

Every day, they can be seen crossing from the woodlot back to the east (on the right side of this photo). There were these four in the lead group.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Deer

These are the three that were toward the end of the line in the photo above. There are larger deer, plus also a few little ones. Our friend, who hunts turkeys on an adjacent property, said he's counted twenty three deer that are resident in our neighborhood.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Deer
 
This was one of the last ones in line last night. I counted a total of seven in this group. The night before there were eight. Handsome and I watch and smile. While all of us are "distancing" to stay healthy, Mother Nature is alive and well, doing just fine without us. I think it's God's way of telling us everything is going to be alright.
 
Keep Calm and Carry On...At Home (For Now).

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. We have seen a few deer here also, they go down by the river.
    One eats out of the bird feeder at night!
    So pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that the wildlife is becoming much bolder now that humans aren't so evident. There was an item on our news the other day about a moose wandering around in a town not far from here. That would certainly give you a start if it was in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wildlife is definitely enjoying more freedom while we humans are staying home. After all they were here first in Nature. We are enjoying watching our small wildlife here too. Blessings and Wellness...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn:
    I know the deer munch on windfall apples from our old tree in late summer. I've taken down the feeders for the summer, except that I leave out hummingbird and oriole feeders. I love seeing them all summer.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Magpie:
    I think you're right! They're enjoying life without so many humans in their way. I'd love to see a moose in our yard!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sherry:
    It's one of the many blessings amidst the "stay at home" situation.
    Be well, my dear.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna