April 4, 2020

A New Recipe To Share...

Brynwood Needleworks - Tasty Caramel Corn

If you follow Brynwood or me on Facebook, you already know that I took a little tumble on Thursday. I had Tag out in our side field, and I just tripped and fell flat on my face. Thankfully, the field is covered with all the mowed wild plants from last fall, so it wasn't hard (like the driveway is). Even so, I jammed my shoulder; twisted my back; and strained my wrist...and landed face first. Even so, I'm grateful that I have no bruises (except to my pride), and no long-lasting side effects. 

Before bed last night, I took a pair of pain killers, and within minutes, I was sound asleep. I didn't stir until Handsome came upstairs an woke me up at 10:30 am!! I'm pretty sure he wasn't carrying a mirror to see if I was still breathing, but I'm sure he was worried. So, before I even got out of bed, the morning was nearly gone!

Brynwood Needleworks - Five Quarts of Delicious Caramel Corn
 
The weather was beautiful, so I spent some time outside, cleaning up around the apple tree. Boy, those birds made a mess over the winter! I've taken all the feeders down for the season, and I'll wait to deep clean all the feeders until I can use the garden hose and a safe cleaner. Then, I can leave them outside to completely dry in the sun. 
 
Oh! The bluebirds have already returned to the farm this season!!! I cleaned out all the bluebird houses, and put out the welcome mats. I'll be setting up the feeders for the hummingbirds and orioles over the weekend next. They'll be back before long, too.
 
Tag lay nearby as I raked, acting as my supervisor. He looked very regal and "nine-ish", until he puppy rolled in the grass. He enjoyed being outside in the sunshine as much as we did.
 
When we all came back inside, Handsome asked me to make caramel corn (again). I made a batch earlier in the week, but used too much popcorn, so it wasn't very sweet. I made just the right amount of all the ingredients this time, so it was exactly as it should be!
 
Our granddaughters made this first, while hanging out together at home, and then their mama posted pictures on Facebook. While everyone else was asking if she shipped, this Grandma asked for the recipe, and they immediately obliged. I even had everything I needed in the pantry, so there was no need to forage for ingredients at the store. 
 
If you'd like to make your own batch(es) of "Classic Caramel Corn", click HERE for a link to the recipe. I'll put this link into my "Recipes" page on my top menu bar, so you'll be able to find it easily at a later date, too. I'm giving you fair warning. This stuff is wicked good. You'll definitely be back for more!
 
So, that was my day. No stitching, just resting and enjoying the weather...and making something tasty. I'll get back to my needle and thread today. 
 
Please don't consider yourself stuck at home. Think of it as safe at home. 
Take care, and be well.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you feel better today.
    That Carmel Corn looks delicious!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drat! Now I'm craving that popcorn and not a kernel to pop in our house. Sigh. So sorry you fell - hope your body heals quickly. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to hear that you fell, but I’m very glad you didn’t have to visit a Corona infested ER! We may have to try the popcorn for movie night snack. Bolt is on any dropped popcorn long before it hits the floor so we will have to be diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling is no fun at all. I lost the last week of February and most of March to falling. Sunshine and Spring...Priceless. Thank you for sharing the recipe because it looks delicious and irresistible. Home is Safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna