April 17, 2020

Making A (Small) Difference...

Brynwood Needleworks - Thirty More Masks On Deck

I completed my side project right on schedule, and will get it in the mail today. As soon as I know it's been received, I'll share more photographs and tell you all about it.

Today, I'm back to making masks. These are all prepared for straps, and I have more that are ready to be folded and finished. These (photo above) represent thirty more, and I have a sweet story to share.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Recent Mask Thank You Note
 
On one of the two trips I've made to the grocery store in the past month, I wore one of the patriotic masks I made. In one of the aisles, an elderly man wearing a worn out paper mask approached me and asked where I got mine. He said the one he was wearing was uncomfortable and he didn't feel it was adequate.
 
I told him that I make them, and if he'd give me his address, I'd send one to him - free. He wrote his information down for me, and as soon as I got home, I put one in an envelope and posted it to him. 

Yesterday, I received an envelope in the mail, written in the same, shaky handwriting. Inside, I read his words with tears in my eyes:

"Dear Mrs. Donna Liljegren,
I received that mask on Friday. I didn't get a chance to wear it 
in the store. It is beautiful, and I can breathe through it better
than the paper. So, thank you for the mask. Here is a little donation
for you to keep up your work. Donation amount is $10.
Sincerely yours,
(his name)"
 
I knew I was making a small difference for others, but this note really, truly warmed my heart. So, if you're looking for me today, I'll be back in the studio - making more masks.
 
  Stay Home. Stay Healthy. Stay Safe.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet note. I think you made his day.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blessing, both for him and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making a difference and what a sweet man to honor your generosity. Our world is a better place for the people who are doing the good fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I was thinking of carrying a couple of spares with me on the rare occasion that I go out, so I could give them away. I have to make mine with ties as there is no elastic to be found. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely Donna,I got emotional myself reading his letter.You truly are one of God’s beautiful souls.Keep up the good work .xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna