April 27, 2020

Ready For The Next Project...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sewing Studio

My studio has looked like it had been hit by a tornado the past few weeks. It was barely tidy enough to find what I needed. Fabric, threads and scraps were flying everywhere. Stacks of partial yardage, bolts to be cut, and strips for straps.

Over the weekend, I really needed to clean things up. I got after the project, picking up; putting away; vacuuming; and moving machines around.

I've been using Jane in a SewEzi table, which is wonderful, but it really vibrates when Jane is working at full throttle. I did a little research, and found a source to purchase the plexiglas insert, customized for Jane, to fit in my original Horn Quilter's Dream cabinet.

I placed an order on Saturday, and then moved Jane into the cabinet, waiting for it to arrive. Until it does, I've attached the portable extension table to it, so I have a larger work surface. The nice thing about my Quilter's Dream is that it has an extension leaf that lifts up on the back side to double my work area. Perfect for quilting, and projects like the recent mask making.

Unfortunately, the opening for the machine isn't large enough for Destiny, otherwise she'd be installed there rather than on the table on the wall. Maybe someday I'll purchase the updated version of the Quilter's Dream. It has an opening large enough to accommodate Destiny, and has a motorized lift which is more heavy duty than the manual one on my current cabinet.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Sewing Studio
 
The framed pieces were recently returned to me by my dad. I brought them home after seeing him on Friday. He's cleaning out some of his stuff and wanted to give things back to those who had gifted them. I'll be hanging my pieces in the farmhouse once I decide where we want them to be.
 
I have two projects hanging on the (attic) door. Parts of Wooly Critters, and the unstitched blocks that I set up for Primitive Gatherings' Twilight Garden quilt from last year. I'm determined to get back to working on them soon.
 
For now, I'm going to enjoy my tidy space. It never stays this way for long - and yes, there are things that are slated to move out and on to my shop or donation. One good thing about being told to stay home is that I can tackle tasks like this and really make some headway. Of course, if the weather is nice, I may spend some time outside, too. 
 
Tag will be back tomorrow. He's fairly jumping out of his fur to talk with you this week, but I promised I wouldn't give any hints. You'll have to hear it straight from the Corgi's mouth. I'll be back on Wednesday!

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Tidy studios are a wonderful thing - for at least a few minutes! Mine always looks like a cyclone hit it despite my most solemn vows to put things away as I finish with them so I never have to spend hours cleaning it up. Well, we all know how THAT plan goes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna