April 2, 2020

It's Going Swimmingly, Thanks!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critters Basket Details

I've really started to gain a head of steam on this project now. I actually set up my long ironing board -  at chair height level - and sit at it to stitch in the studio. I seem to have more control with the support that the longer surface offers. 

This is a closeup of the basket from the bottom border. I decided to treat the little leaves differently that the rest. I used buillon stitches for the veining on them. It gives a little more dimension that the chain stitches on the other leaves.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Half of the Wooly Critters Basket Motif
 
I completed all of the center basket motif, and one entire side of the foliage and blossoms. I'll do the other side today. I'll do the rest of the leaves (sigh) and corner blossoms on this border, too. Then, all I'll have left is one more side border. I'm really hoping to have them attached to the rest of the quilt over the weekend, so I can add the last corner vines and stitch them down, too.
 
Tag will be back tomorrow. He's just like me. He's already celebrating!

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching dear. You are making amazing progress. Healing Energy for your face plant today. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marilyn:
    I'm having a lot of fun watching this progress.
    More on Monday!
    Have a great weekend,
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry:
    Thanks, girlfriend. I really felt like such a klutz. Everything was a little ache-y all day, but I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow. I'm so glad I landed in a soft place, rather than on the driveway! Mixed blessing for sure.
    Have a great weekend!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna