April 23, 2020

Fifty Five New Masks In One Day!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Latest Masks Created

I was on a roll yesterday! I've finally got my system fine-tuned, and was able to create a whopping 55 masks in one day! Remember, I'm doing all the prep (choosing fabrics, cutting mask parts and straps,  and sanitizing as I sew), sewing, and packaging myself. That brings my current total to: 288!!

I completed an order for 15 masks with a camping theme for my friend, Denise in Vermont. They're all packaged individually, and labeled with wearing and sanitizing instructions.

There are additional masks here (about 10) that were still here after I distributed or mailed prior requests.

Brynwood Needleworks - Children's and Ladies' Masks

I made smaller masks for kidlets, using the great puppy fabric shown in the foreground. I love these!

Brynwood Needleworks - Men and Ladies Masks

These are the masks I made for the orders I have for ladies and mens' masks. I have an entire bolt of the barbershop fabric (that I love), so I'm using that for the mens' masks. I thought my colorful travel-theme fabric would make great ladies' masks, too!

Brynwood Needleworks - Ladies and Patriotic Masks
 
I also have a few patriotic masks left in stock for vets or someone who wants to support their hero. I'll be carrying some of these with me when I go to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. I'll leave them for anyone who would like them and could use them.
 
For now, my mask sewing will go on break. I'll get all the outstanding orders out this morning, and then turn my attention back to finishing my Wooly Critter sampler quilt. I'd still like to complete that!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. So nice of you to sew so many masks!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Donna,you’re like a machine.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. You are amazing. I cannot fathom sewing that many. I have made a dozen and it took me hours and my back was not happy. I really have a hard time with measuring and cutting them out straight. I struggle with this no matter what I am making. It is so basic but not for me. I applaud you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have the mask making system sown to a science. Thank you for making them for others in need. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you,ladies. Trust me, my back was sore, too. I'll likely make more, should the need continue, but I really needed to take a break.
    Please, Sherry, Jill, Laura and Marilyn, be safe.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful heart, and such talent! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna