April 15, 2020

Empty Bobbins...

Brynwood Needleworks - Empty Bobbins

I began my day with a cleaned machine, new needle, and full bobbins for sewing. By the end of my work day, I had one bobbin left in the machine and four empty ones to refill today.

Brynwood Needleworks - Eighty Mask Parts To Assemble
 
I'm back to working on masks. I had 110 set pieces (mask pieces and strap sets) at the beginning of my Tuesday. The first order of business being to fold the long mask pieces in half and close them with a seam. Then, I topstitch the seam edge, as well as the folded edge at the bottom. I did that 110 times.

Brynwood Needleworks - Thirty Masks Completed
 
After that's done, I fold each piece in preparation for adding the straps. I then fold the straps into double fold bias binding as I sew it to the prepared mask piece. I completely finished 30 sets of masks yesterday.

I'm hoping to do the rest today. What are you up to at your home? Are you staying inside or going outside? I was glad to be in the studio yesterday. Every time I looked out the window, it was either blowing and snowing...or sunny and melting. I think Mother Nature has a serious issue these days. I know it's April in Wisconsin, but really? I guess it's just better to stay inside - until Tag tells me he needs to go out. Then, outside it is. Anyway, I'll be sewing masks in case you're looking for me.

Stay Home. Stay Healthy. Stay Safe.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Your masks are so pretty.
    I want to go outside & clean up the yard, but it's still too wet.
    Yes, yesterday was weird, sunny, then a snow blizzard, repeat.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing a sterling job with the masks.Its warm here at the minute,but it’s very changeable.im sitting in the conservatory doing a little appliqué today.Stay well and safe all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I delivered my allotment of masks to the drop off point on my way to get groceries this morning. I can match you with empty bobbin totals though, but yesterday mine were because I was altering our summer wardrobe to reflect our recent weight loss. Still have my dresses to do but have to fill more bobbins first. Snowing here too - huge flakes. Enough already!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna