January 3, 2020

Winter Minis...

Brynwood Needleworks - My PG Winter Wool Box Minis

I finally finished stitching all the wool minis from the Primitive Gatherings Winter Wool Box. There are two more that say "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year", but I'm not sure whether or not I'll do those. I'm still contemplating those.

Brynwood Needleworks - Winter Minis Detail

Of course, I added details to make each of these mine. I don't usually copy the design exactly. I especially liked adding French and colonial knot details, or in the case of the snowman, skates and snowflake, using metallic threads.

I used a beautiful metallic DMC Etoile Embroidery Floss on the snowman's scarf. Etoile is a stranded floss that's almost like a fine yarn. By using all strands of a light grey/silver Etoile - and a lazy daisy stitch - I was able to make the scarf actually look like...a scarf. wink I used a Kreinik metallic thread for the skates and snowflake, and then more white Etoile French knots for the trim on the skates.

Now that all the embroidery is finished, I'll attach the backing to the front and join them using a blanket stitch. I'll have them finished by the end of the day. Aren't they sweet? Lisa has provided great inspiration, once again, in our bi-monthly subscription Wool Box. I'm already looking forward to the next one. (I have more projects from the Autumn and Winter boxes to complete first, too.)

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your sweet stitchings with the metallic threads are beautiful. These little minis will bring many smiles while being displayed. Needle Dancing Bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna