January 11, 2020

Some Days...

Brynwood Needleworks via Garden Therapy
 
Yep. I think I need a nap. Yesterday, I was having a minor meltdown. Remember that wonderful, brand new, Browning trail cam I've been crowing about? Less than a month after getting it as a Birthday gift from Handsome, it quit taking infrared (nighttime) images. I contacted the manufacturer and they authorized a return (at my expense). I returned it to them on December 27th.

It came back on the 9th of January. It wasn't my new camera. It wasn't even another new camera. They sent back a refurbished unit. It looked used. But, I set it up again across from "the habitat", and turned it on, anxious to see what's visiting the farm these nights.

Well... At first, I was excited to see my daylight images, and then I got to the overnight photos. Not only do I have one opossum coming in at night. Now, I find there are actually two of them visiting! That was great news. I kept scrolling through the images and...

Dang it! This camera has an infrared malfunction, too. Every other image was a blown out, overexposed mess. You'd better believe I was hopping mad. I immediately got on the phone to Browning. In addition to telling them that this camera was junk, I made a huge point about the fact that the camera I sent them was a BRAND NEW Birthday gift from my husband, and what they sent me was a reworked unit. This was and will not be acceptable. We paid for a working, NEW camera, and that's what I expect to have. 
 
I also told him that I didn't feel I should have to return this junk at my expense again, either. The gentleman I spoke with said he understood completely. He said that he was going to forward all the information to the repair department, and I'd get a phone call by Tuesday. I thanked him (it's not his fault), and hung up the phone. 

I'm so disappointed. First, doesn't anyone make quality anymore? Second, this is what their repair department thinks is acceptable? They're going to have to pony up next week. I'm not settling for anything less than a new, working unit. Handsome is pretty upset, too. We'll get this figured out so it's satisfactory, but it's kept grinding on me all day. (Breathe in. Breathe out.)

After that, there just seemed to be a pile of niggly, little things that bugged me all day. I just wanted to cry, and believe me, I'm not a cry baby. We have snow coming in all day today, so I'm going to stay inside and turn my mind to working on something pretty. I think I'll choose the fabrics for my niece's dresses, and start preparing to sew them up next week.

I'll tell you now, though. I pity anyone who calls me next week from Browning who might try to blow smoke. I'm ready and loaded if they do...and if all else fails, they're going to get to deal with Handsome. He's always got my back, and as the gift-giver, he's not one bit happy with how this is going so far. I'll let you know how it gets resolved.

I hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to work on lifting up my attitude. Some days, we just need to remember who's in charge - and then ask Him for help. I think He and I will be having a conversation over my morning cup of coffee today.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I would be mad too.
    How can they pass off obvious junk for a new camera?
    I hope you fell better today, sewing always helps.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we all have days like that from time to time. At least I certainly do. I hope things start picking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, I understand. I won't even get into the things that I have been getting that have been going wrong lately...not my blog. I will say that a Sears repairman told me 15 years ago that they now make things to be disposable after a coupe of years. That is what the next generation wanted. They don't want things to last. They will be buying the new improved model anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna