January 31, 2020

Complete!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Completed Dresses For The Twins

I completed the dresses for my nieces - just in time. All along, I thought the party was on Sunday. Turns out it's tonight!!! No worries. I finished in relaxed fashion, with no impending-doom-filled deadline. lol

Brynwood Needleworks - Buttons On The Pinnies

Thanks to everyone who left comments for me yesterday. I read them throughout the day, and I think most (all?) agreed with me, without even knowing it! I loved the little scalloped flower buttons, too.

Brynwood Needleworks - Dress Buttons - Blue

My Destiny makes such lovely button holes, and they're so easy on my machine that it's a pleasure to make them.

Brynwood Needleworks - Dress Buttons -Lavender

Once the buttons were all sewn on, I could turn my attention to hand sewing the hems. Button holes, then buttons, and then hems.

Brynwood Needleworks - Hem Detail

I first sewed hem lace to the bottoms of the dresses, and then turned the lace up to hem the dresses and pinafores. I sat down to finish sewing the hems by hand. 

I've chosen to hang the dresses, so I'll be making a little garment bag to protect them and "wrap" them, rather than fold them into boxes. I think I'll machine embroider both their names on the garment bag, and then add a bow to hold the hangers together.

Once that's finished, I'll be ready to party! I can't wait to see their reactions, and I'll definitely get photos to share with you. Thanks again for your input! Wasn't that fun?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful.
    I just love that animal print.
    The girls will squeal with delight!
    Have fun at the party.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Enjoy the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful dresses! They will love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calm and Complete...You are Amazing! These little dresses and pinafores are precious. And little personalized garment bags? Sew Sweet Dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna