January 8, 2020

Bits and Bobs...

Brynwood Needleworks - Current Sock Knitting

While I've been sorting and purging by day, I've been relaxing on a sock knitting project in the evening. I have lots of sock yarns, which I love using. My plan is to have an ongoing sock project all year. Then, when Christmas rolls around next December, I'll have a whole basket of completed socks to give as gifts.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mini Cookie Tin
 
I had to run a few errands for office supplies during the day yesterday, so I went to Fond du Lac to our local Staples store. How many of our moms used these (empty) cookie tins to store sewing supplies? 
 
Well, as I was standing at the checkout at Staples, I saw a display of these mini cookie tins. My mind immediately calculated that I could use these to store Valdani (or DMC, or Anchor) perle coton balls for works-in-progress! Best part? They were $1.99 each! At that price, I could throw out the cookies, if I wanted to. (Of course, I didn't!) Check out Staples online, or your local Staples store. You just might find some for yourself!

I'm torn between closing out my year-end books, and working playing in the studio. Perhaps, I can schedule my time so I can do a little of each. We'll see.
 

Thanks for leaving notes about Tag's new signature. He thought he was pretty clever, and your comments just serve to egg him on. He kept telling me to check his blog post, so I could see how he tickled his readers. So, on behalf of my little short-legged friend, and me...Thanks so much for stopping by to visit. You're deeply appreciated.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I have 1 of those tins from years ago!
    Tag is funny.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting is relaxing?!! Why do I struggle with it so much? I prefer crochet...simpler and faster. We love Tag and look forward to his post each week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna