January 23, 2020

Sweethearts...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Valentines

I played with a little fabric on Monday, too. I pulled out my collection of Primitive Gatherings' (plus the dot fabric - not PG) Farmhouse Gatherings line of flannel fabric, and Lisa's "Sweethearts" pattern. I used the smallest heart shape in the pattern, and then used most of my own words for the hearts.

Lisa's hearts had words like "Be Mine", "I (heart) You", "All Mine", "Hug Me", "My Love", "Kiss Me", and "XOXO". I used "Kiss Me" and "XOXO", and then changed out the rest with "As You Wish" and "True Love" (from our favorite movie, The Princess Bride), and the initials inscribed in both of our wedding rings, "AB & A, AML".

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Valentines
 
In keeping with the number nine that I told you about yesterday, I'll be adding one more heart to the display. I like Lisa's "My Love", so that will probably be the last one. 

I have a few more Valentine touches to bring out before the actual holiday, but this is what our dining room table vignette looks like today. As an aside: Don't you love that my Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter cactus is budding out again? Don't ask why. I have no idea. It will be nice to have more flowers for Valentine's Day, though. 

Brynwood Needleworks - Grace's "Dear Heart" Pillow

I have another sweet valentine pillow that I stitched for Mom (Grace). When she moved into a nursing home and her lifelong home was emptied, Deb gave it back to me. I treasure it, and am so grateful that I have it here. I wrote about receiving my gift back HERE after Mom's move. Her pillow is always displayed in my bedroom, but it will be displayed in the living room for Valentine's Day.

Sadly, she didn't live long enough to see my move back to Wisconsin, but I was blessed to speak with her the day she passed in 2014. I wrote about her last day HERE. I'm so glad I got to say one last "I love you, Mom".

Today would have been Mom's Birthday. I wish every day that we had her here with us, but I'll wish her a happy Heavenly Birthday. She knows how much I miss her, and I know she watches over me. I love you, Mom. 

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty projects.
    Happy Birthday to your Mom in Heaven.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Hearts and this is such a special time of year. Mom Grace does watch over you and she is so very proud of you. Bless Your Heart Donna Dear. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna