January 16, 2020

The Search Is Over...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fabrics For "Tribute To Betsy"

I purchased a kit for a patriotic quilt top years ago, when Kathy D. and I were visiting quilt shops in the Madison area. I started assembly of that piece over a year ago, but came to a screeching halt when it was time to join the flag blocks with the background fabric included with the quilt.

What the shop included was a blush-y/primitive dyed fabric that, in my mind, was of a color wholly inappropriate for the project. I set it aside, and figured I'd wait until I could find something I liked better to finish assembling this quilt.

Brynwood Needleworks - Background Fabric Information
 
After Sit & Stitch on Tuesday, I met up with Kathy at Primitive Gatherings (the shop). I started looking at Lisa's "Star & Stripe Gatherings" line. Kathy pulled this fabric, and after laying my flag blocks on top of it, we declared that it would be perfect. I bought the fabric and brought it home.
 
Yesterday was a "running day", but I'm home today, so I'll assemble this quilt top. This is a really simple design, putting Old Glory front and center throughout the design, with my chosen background fabric used as sashing and borders.
 
I haven't chosen the fabric for the back of this quilt (yet), but I'm sure it will be from the same line. Once the front is assembled, I'll make another trip to the shop to choose the backing. I'll show more as my quilt develops...

DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna