January 17, 2020

Quilt Top and Fresh Bread...

Brynwood Needleworks - "Tribute To Betsy" Quilt Top

I got a lot accomplished yesterday. In addition to making and baking five loaves of French bread, I assembled the "Tribute To Betsy" quilt top. I can't believe how perfect the fabric I bought at Primitive Gatherings this week matches up with the flag blocks I made. It's spot on!

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Stars & Stripe Gatherings" Fabric Detail
 
Not only are the colors a near perfect match, but the design on the fabric couldn't be better either. Look at the tiny, little stars! 

I'm going back to Menasha today to get my background fabric, and I may get another coordinate (or more of this fabric) to make the quilt top slightly larger. The finished quilt is supposed to be 57" square, but I'm thinking I'd like it just a bit bigger. I'll get my fabric, and then decide as I work on it back at home.

My plan is to finish it as done by the designer (Em & Me Designs), with an all-over stipple quilting. I think I should keep the design simple, in keeping with the flavor of the quilt. I'll finish this one over the weekend, and then I'll begin my work on the dresses for my nieces. (I can't wait!) I'll have photos on Monday to show you this finished quilt.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Tribute to Betsy quilt is looking very Patriotic and Perfect. Warm fresh bread from the oven = lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty quilt top. Looking forward to seeing it all finished. The girls' dresses will be cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna