January 9, 2020

Starting A Surprise...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fraternal Twins (My Nieces)
 
These two sweethearts are my great nieces, and they'll be celebrating their fourth Birthday very soon. I've decided that I'm going to make special gifts for them this year. 

Brynwood Needleworks - McCalls Pattern 3949
 
They love princess dresses, so I'm going to make one for each of them for their special day. Their mama says they're already wearing size 5, so I may make them just a bit bigger so they can wear them a little longer.

This is the style I'm contemplating. Of course, I'll need to use fabrics that are reminiscent of Elsa and Anna - their favorite characters from Frozen (I and II)...or I may choose to go in another direction, like a soft yellow dress with Beauty and The Beast fabric for the pinafore (for one), and something else for the other. 

I have until their Birthday party on the 31st to choose and sew everything together, so I'll likely start on this in the next week. I haven't made little girl dresses in ages, and I'm really looking forward to this! I'll be sharing my progress as I go. Hope you'll follow along!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. The twins are too cute, and those dresses are beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable little girls and of course they need Princess dresses from their Great Auntie. I haven’t sewn little girl dresses for ages either however I need to get busy sewing for my Great Granddaughter soon. Unfortunately it is so affordable to just buy clothes and she is growing so quickly. Happy Planning Fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your sweet creations! Your nieces are so precious, and adorable. Enjoy creating these dresses that will be treasures for a very long time.. such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna