April 20, 2019

"Song of Spring" Is Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - Song of Spring Quilt

I completed my "Song of Spring" quilt around 9:30 last night. All the quilting was completed during the day; and the binding was attached and hand sewn. Then I added a sleeve and label to the back. It's officially finished!

Brynwood Needleworks - Song of Spring Quilt - Finished

This is the entire finished piece, measuring approximately 20" x 19". When it comes back from the quilt show, it will hang up in the farmhouse.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Quilt Label
 
I created the label in Adobe Photoshop Elements™, and then printed it out onto fabric. I added a fabric border and hand sewed it to the back of the quilt.

Today, I'm taking it to Kathy D.'s house. I'll be in Florida on the days we have to turn our quilts in for the show, which will be held on May 4-5, so Kathy graciously offered to turn mine in for me. We have to turn them in next weekend, ahead of the show. As she's leaving for a trip on Monday, and I leave before she gets back home, we agreed that I would drop mine off with her before she leaves.

I'm going to relax the rest of the weekend, spending time with family. I'll be getting ready for my trip next week, but I'll tell you more about that later.

Happy Easter Weekend, friend! Thanks for stopping by today.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing this gorgeous Song of Spring quilt. Your dedication and design is remarkable. Lovely Weekend Dear...Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna