April 12, 2019

Hello, Lady...

Brynwood Needleworks - Ladybug Addition
 
When I sat down to start working on my embroidery yesterday, I was thinking about what that third, little bird should be looking at. I knew I wanted it to be something other than the leaf. Should it be flying - like a bee, dragonfly, or fly? Then, it hit me!
A little ladybug, looking right back, would be perfect! That tiny pop of red and black was just what my piece needed. Well, that and a little touch of whimsy. So, that's where I began the day's stitching. I made a ladybug!
My eight and a half hours yesterday were spent finishing all the the leg and foot of my adult robin; then, I created the nest; and the ladybug, of course. I also started work on the babies. 
As an aside...The weather was crummy, too. It snowed about 3" the night before, and I woke up to a howling wind at about 6 am. I got up, went through my morning rituals, got dressed and let the Corgi out. Then we headed straight to town to pick up more birdseed (which I should have done in the nicer weather the day before). I wanted to be sure the birds had food.
I filled all the bird feeders, and set out the dehydrated grubs for the robins before I went back inside. I made a cuppa tea, and then I got back to stitching. While I stitched, occasionally sipping my tea, I looked up to see a bluebird looking back at me from his perch on one of my shepherd's crooks in the garden! I'm glad I put the grubs out. They eat them, too!! (I also cleaned out the bluebird houses a few weeks ago, so their accommodations are ready and waiting for them!) I smiled as I went back to my needlework.
I'll finish embroidering the babies (and the foot on the adult) today, and tomorrow I'll show you my completed needlework piece. I'll also tell you what I'm going to do with it! Be sure to come back tomorrow, when all will be revealed. 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Mother Nature is having her fun! It is cold and rainy here today! Your nest and Ladybug are simply wonderful. The nest is very realistic. Happy Needle Dancing Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna