April 4, 2019

Creating...

Brynwood Needleworks - Election Day

We were told that we could bring a book or handwork to the polls on Tuesday, just in case it got slow. Well, the only time free time I had was when I went on break in the morning, and when I came back early from lunch.

We were serving a steady flow of electors all day, which was great, because the day went so much faster. However, I did take a project with me, and I did get a little play time in.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sock Project

I took along a sock project I began on Sunday. This is a pair that was requested, so I have someone waiting to receive them once they're done. I'm using Opal self-striping, super wash wool yarn. Ahhh. There's really nothing like handknit socks!

When Tag and I got back home, I wound down by knitting a few more rows on this first sock, and then went to bed.

My plan is to sit and knit for a bit in the evening, when I'm in my comfortable chair. During the day, I'm busy with something else.

Brynwood Needleworks - Embroidery Project
 
I'm working on a project for an upcoming quilt show. I've managed to find a lovely, sunny spot to stitch in the kitchen, so I'll be working on this in daylight, and knitting by lamp in the evening. 

I'm only showing a peek at this, as I'm going to get a little further along before I reveal more of the project. This is my own design, so I'm hoping it comes out the way I'm envisioning it. Wish me luck!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. My Dear you do get a lo done in your every day life. Emergency Knitting...very clever. I have never knit socks and am amazed at how yarn can self-stripe. Your quilt project looks very intriguing. Terrific Thursday...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, I love anything avian. I can't wait to see your bird. Today my son and I cleaned bird cages. My two conures who I rescued but who hate me and were definitely Jim's birds were out for blood. Their cage has never been so clean as when we took over the little ingrates. Today they were worst than usual. My two little budgies were pretty easy though. Even with the conures ready to drain every drop of blood I possess I know that they just don't understand what I did with their Daddy. have a wonderful day tomorrow and a good sleep with Tag and his softie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna