April 1, 2019

A Project With A Deadline...

Brynwood Needleworks - Quilt Project
 
Well, this doesn't happen often, but here I go! I've been invited to submit a project (or two) for an upcoming local quilt show, and I haven't finished my large quilts yet (mainly because I know I'm going to hand quilt them). So, I've decided to do a mini quilt (maximum size 24" x 24"), and see if I can get it finished by the April 28th deadline. 

In addition to piecing, I'm going to execute embroideries for it. There will be wool applique', and then I'm going to do needlework separate from the wool stitching. That part's mainly in my head right now, so we'll see how it goes. I promise to let you see my progress once I begin.
 

I'm really glad Tag is posting tomorrow. Deb (Sis) contacted me last weekend to see if I'd be willing to be a poll worker for Wisconsin's upcoming primary elections. (She's a clerk in a local precinct - called "wards" here.) I said, "Sure!", and met with the City Clerk in Fond du Lac, where I'll be working. Said election is tomorrow. I'll be driving from twelve miles east of the city to a school on the west side, where the ward is located. I don't expect to be home before 10 pm. (I thought I'd be working with her, but she's got all the workers she needs, and this school location was short. Donna to the rescue!)

I'm happy to be doing my civic duty, but I am not a morning person. I'll need to be up around 5 am (or earlier) so I can be at the school by 6:15. (insert face palm here) That means I'll be drinking at least one full cup of coffee before I even leave home.
 

I spent the weekend adding lots of new fabrics to my online shop. You can click HERE, and then scroll to "Fabric, Kits & Patterns" if you're curious.
 
I'll be back on Wednesday with something new to share, but be sure to stop in and say hello to my boy while I'm away. Oh, and if you're in Wisconsin (or another state holding their primaries tomorrow) Don't forget to vote! No fooling.

Happy April 1st!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness Dear...you do know how to stay very busy. Kudos for doing your Civic Duty. Lovely fabrics you have pulled for your mini quilt. I shall follow along with great admiration. Safe day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna