April 22, 2019

Another Finish...

Brynwood Needleworks - Handknit Striped Socks

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I spent time with my sister, Di and her family over the holiday. This week is going to go lightning-fast, and on Friday, I'll be heading to Florida to hear Handsome's final concert for this season. Then, we'll pack up the truck, and he, Bella and I will drive home together. Tag will be at a fine local kennel to await our return.

On Sunday morning, I completed this pair of socks I began a couple of weeks ago. I would have finished them sooner, but I was working on my "Song of Spring" quilt for the May 4-5 local quilt show. (The quilt is now in Kathy D.'s capable hands to deliver to check-in for judging while I'm in Florida.)

Back to my socks, though. I love the yarn (called self-striping) that creates the pattern without the need for color changes. I think I mistakenly told you this yarn is from Opal Yarn Company. It's actually from KnitPicks (.com), although I've used Opal many times in the past, and will likely make more pairs of socks with it this year. Can you even believe that I'm starting up a "sock stock" for Christmas gifts already? Yup!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Lorna's Laces Yarn Socks In Progress
 
I started another pair with this beautiful sock yarn from Lorna's Laces. The color is called "Watercolor". I always figure 400 yards/100 grams of yarn for each pair of socks. This yarn came in 215 yard hanks, so I'll use two hanks to make this pair.
 
My plan is to work on other projects during the day (I'm going to finish my stumpwork butterfly next), and then knit in the evening. My feet will be up, and I'll have a hot cuppa tea on the side table as I leisurely knit away. Sounds divine, don't you think?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your finished socks are lovely and I am always amazed at how the yarn self-stripes. I have never attempted to knit socks so I am clueless at how you do it so well. Socks for Christmas sound perfect. Lovely week to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday. I really want to. Not yet, though. Love all of what you do. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna