April 10, 2019

Working My Way Down My Design...

Brynwood Needleworks - Robin With Worms Detail

Amid bread making classes and sock knitting, my primary project is this embroidery piece. It will be the centerpiece of a project I'm working on. I need to have the entire project finished before the end of April. My deadline is April 22nd.

I'm pretty proud of the way my worms turned out. They were created using bullion stitches, and I'm happy that they accomplished what I was going for.

I've also padded out part of the wing using a piece of wool in a matching grey color, to add dimension beyond that created by the needlework.

Brynwood Needleworks - Robin With Worms In Progress
 
 
We're supposed to be getting snow again (sigh), so I'm planning to stitch all day today. I filled bird feeders, folded laundry and cleaned up the kitchen, so I can sit guilt-free all day near my kitchen window. 
 
I can see the birds from here as I form each tiny stitch. In fact, I saw my first goldfinch of the season while stitching yesterday! Fuzzy Butt came to visit last night, too. Looks like he/she tangled with something recently, as there's a healing forehead gash. It didn't slow down the feeder feasting, though, so that's good.

I hope the snow doesn't stay long. My chives, mint, tulips and lilies are already peeking out of the ground. I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed our last two warm days, and I'm officially ready for spring. I'll be thinking about that while I needle dance the day away.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your bullion worms look very real. You really know how to Needle Dance and create lovely Works of HeArt. Snow is here to the North too. Spring will kick snow to the curb! Delightful Day Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna