April 25, 2019

Another Class...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sheboygan Hard Rolls and Brat Buns
 
It was a busy day yesterday. Much of the day was spent with our heating serviceman, Dave, at the farmhouse. We're trying to pin down why two of our upstairs steam radiators aren't working, and so far, we're they're baffled. Dave had to check back to the office twice, and he may be back again today to take another shot at the issue.

While that was going on, I was making more bread. A loaf went up to Andy and Shelly's house, while the other will be a gift for another special someone. My plan is to deliver it today.

Then, I met up with my sister, Diana, for another bread making class at the Fond du Lac tech college in the evening. We signed up to learn how to make Sheboygan hard rolls and brat buns. We had a great time! Not only did we learn how to make them, but our instructor, Sue Horvath, also had us give them the ultimate taste test.

Brynwood Needleworks - An "Oostburger" and Herb Roast Potatoes

We also made herb-crusted roast red potatoes, hamburgers and brats on the grill, and a homemade roast tomato ketchup. After our rolls were all baked and cooled, we all sat down for a Q & A over our meals.
 
Sue and our other instructor, Tom Endejan, are really fabulous teachers. Not only do they share their knowledge for bread making (and more treats), they are also most generous with their knowledge of streamlining, cost savings, and other helpful hints. Then, to top it all off with a big, juicy cherry, they feed us! Diana and I are already planning our next class!
 
I'm getting down to the wire now to get ready to travel tomorrow. It's going to be a busy, busy day here at the farmhouse. Diana will be heading back to Minnesota (and her husband, Tom) while I prepare to see my own dear husband tomorrow. 
 
I'll be back to give you one more pre-trip post. My Saturday post will be from sunny, sw Florida. I think, just in time, too. I saw a weather report forecasting snow (SNOW?) for Saturday. I just added filling all the bird and 'possum feeders to my list of things to accomplish today. I'd better get after it.
See you Friday!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I love to make bread but since Jim died I haven't done it much. My son doesn't care much for homemade bread unless it's fresh from the oven and I just don't eat much bread. I have always enjoyed the feel of a yeast dough under my hands though.
    Snow this late is unusual even for your area. 33 years ago on march 26th I was in labor with Eric. I was wearing a sundress that day and I felt so hot. Forward one year and on Eric's first birthday it was snowing! That was here in Texas. Just a bit unusual.
    I will keep you in my prayers while you are driving. Not that I don't other times...but I will be especially then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread making is resulting in delicious looking breads. WOW! Hope your heater issues are resolved in time for Summer. LOL. You certainly are a busy lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna