April 17, 2019

Quilt Top Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - Completed Quilt Top
 
I finished piecing and embellishing my "Song of Spring" quilt top yesterday. I added leaves to the corners of the center block, as well as on corner blocks at the intersections of the half-square triangle block rows. I also added one more border than originally planned to put a frame around them.

Brynwood Needleworks - Loni Rossi Feather Fabric Backing
 
I chose this feather fabric from Loni Rossi for the backing. I've bordered it with the check that you see at the bottom of the image. So, what do you think? So far, so good? I'm entering it in the same quilt show where my "Posy, the Patchwork Pachyderm" took a second. (It's a tough audience.)
 
Today, I'm having lunch with Mom Grace's daughter, Deb. After lunch, I'm going to sit down to do the final quilting. I originally had this brilliant idea to make this my first hand quilted piece. After stitching (and unstitching) multiple times, I've decided not to torture myself further. I'm going to machine quilt it this afternoon, and then bind it. Once that's done, I'll add the display sleeve, and it will be ready for the quilt show. I'll share the finished piece as soon as it's all done. 

I'll be back tomorrow - hopefully with a completed entry for the It's A Stitch Guild Quilt Show. Gotta run! Later,

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. It’s a lovely piece Donna.Love everything about it ,stitching and the colours.Looking forward to the end result.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this piece is stunning, and a wonderful work of art. Your talent again is amazing. Hope to see it hanging in your beautiful home with a blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous looking! Hope you had a good lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous piece Donna. Beautiful embroidery and the fabric choices you made are just perfect for setting it off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna