December 1, 2018

There Be Bears!...

Farmhouse Cutout Cookies
 
I finished my commissions in the morning yesterday, and then headed down to the kitchen. I had cookies to bake yesterday so I could decorate them today. I used the same recipe I used last year, as they were a big hit. I shared the recipe in my blog HERE last year. I decided on polar bears this year.
 
Six Of Eight And A Half Dozen
 
I made four batches of the dough, and ended up with eight and a half dozen cookies. Six for the cookie exchange, and two and a half for us to enjoy at home.
 
I posted about making the cookies on my Facebook page, and one of my friends said she thought I was amazing. I wrote back and told her that I'm only "partially amazing". When I finished cleaning up after making all those cookies, I took an hour-long nap before dinner. lol (Nothing like keeping it real for you, right?) 

I'm well-rested now, and ready to decorate these bears! I'm going to use royal icing again, and we'll see how ambitious I am with the decorations. I know that however they get iced, they'll be tasty. It really is a never-fail recipe. The party's tomorrow, so I'd better get cracking so they set up properly before I have to box them up again. 

I'll share pictures of the completed cookies (and the appetizer I'm taking with me), on Monday. I'll share that recipe then, too. 
 
Happy December!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Cute bears. Those should be lots of fun to decorate. I can't wait to start making sugars and gingerbread. Don't know if you've ever seen the blog Sweetopia.net but she has the most amazing cookies. She is quite free with her recipes and her cookie decorating tips. She has awesome videos too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent cookie choice dear. I would be eating them all. YUM!!! Enjoy your Cookie Exchange. XO. P.S. Thanks to Andrea H for the Sweetopia.net site. My chosen son recently announced me a Hummingbird when he witnessed my drinking water with lemon and turbinado sugar. He and his wife know how much I love sweets!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna